In this blog you can find all the world animals, Aw Inspiring Pictures of Cute Animals, Most Smartest Dogs, Most Famous Dog Breeds, Ugliest Animals on Earth, Bizarre Miniature Animals, Most Interesting Moments in the Animal World and more. We keep you well informed about what is happening in the world animals. This blog always will be renewed.
Baby snail with its gigantic looking mother
Image via hellishhumor
Freshly hatched baby snails are not an uncommon sight to behold, as adult snails can lay eggs up to once a month with broods of up to 100 eggs. The difficulty lies in spotting them as these tiny, only mm-long creatures require a keen eye and a good macro lens. Luckily, quite a few photographers share our interest in snail babies and have captured the following awww-inspiring moments.
Tiny snail discovering the world:
Image: Alison Jackson-Bass
Snails have a ribbon-like tongue that has thousands of tooth-like structures, similar to a file. This tongue, called a radula, rasps away pieces of food. Photographer Alison Jackson-Bass, commenting on her encounter with baby snails captured in the sequence above, said: “One shot shows it nibbling away at the dry skin on my finger – I could actually feel it rasping away!” Don’t pretend you’re not thinking awwww…
Could it be any tinier? Baby snail on a grape:
Image: Jürgen Schiller García
All of the snails pictured here are land snails, the molluscan class of Gastropods we are most familiar with, but actually they are a minority among the three snail types; marine snails make up the great majority of snail species and there are also numerous freshwater snails.
Lots of tiny baby snails with one garlic snail:
Finding snail babies is actually not that difficult given the frequency with which snails mate (up to once a month) and the size of the broods they produce (up to 100 eggs). As suggested, spotting and capturing them in macro with camera may be the most difficult part. Depending on the snail species, egg sizes range from 3 mm in diameter for the common grove snail to 6 mm in diameter for the Giant African Land Snail. Giant is relative in snail terms!
Giant African Land Snail babies on a piece of cucumber:
Image via petforums
Garden snails (Helix aspersa) bury their eggs 5 to 10 cm deep in shallow topsoil, digging with their foot. The eggs will hatch after 2 to 4 weeks and the first task of a baby snail is to eat the egg from which it hatched. As baby snails’ shells are still very weak, they need this immediate calcium boost to survive.
A just hatched snail baby, only 2-3 mm long!
Here a view from below – hello!
The tiny young snails are almost completely transparent and colourless. Once they’ve made their way above ground, they will continue their quest for food, mainly going for the leaves and vegetables they find around them.
Here’s proof – not even 1 cm long!
Image: Patty O’Hearn Kickham
Baby snail on its hind, er, foot to catch a drop of dew from a spider’s web:
Image: Ingrid Taylar
About three months after hatching, the baby snails will look like a miniature version of their parents. They will reach adult size after 2 to 3 years and will be sexually mature, depending on the snail species, between 6 weeks and 5 years!
When all the world’s a tomato:
After a few weeks, they show a slight colouration, usually bluish, before they take on their adult colour.
Baby snail on a coin, found in Flatbush, Brooklyn:
Image: Frank H. Jump
Snail baby reading the paper?
Image: Till Westermayer
Just when you thought we couldn’t get any closer, we leave you with this amazing macro shot of a baby snail on the run. Don’t miss its grumpy expression and the faint shadow!
Image: Claude Attard Bezzina
If there are any large dogs that are well known in the world, Zorba is probably one of them. Zorba is an English Mastiff from the UK that ...
Bugs tend to freak us out. Mosquitoes, spiders, wasps, centipedes... you name it. If it crawls, bites or buzzes (especially anywhere ne...
During a research cruise in the North Atlantic Ocean, scientists aboard the British vessel James Cook cataloged a menagerie of marine org...
Who doesn’t like monkeys? Sometimes weirdos, irritating but always entertaining. Jill Greenberg took one step further and made some photos...
Every year in Thailand in the period from January to July, a contest of singing birds. This is a very serious competition. Cells with bir...
- The most friendly whales in the world
- Pony-sized small dog
- A blue puppy
- Surprise for a walk
- Newborn anteater
- Keith exploded
- Monkey rider
- Traffic light dove
- Massive fish kills
- Sperm whale tired to swim
- Ocelot cat
- Crazed elephants
- Who stole the eggs?
- all Awesome Wild Animal Photos
- Bald eagle chases down and catches a starling in m...
- Top Ten Poisonous Animals in the World
- Unique Hidden Camera Images of Lions
- Caboodle Ranch
- 20 Animals Which Are Beauty Of This World
- 18 Creative Dinosaurs Sand Sculptures
- 12 Photos Of World’s Smallest Horse
- 22 Cutest Photos Of Reptiles And Amphibians
- 30 Incredible Insect Photographs By Igor Siwanowic...
- 7 Photos Of Cutest Bird Of The World
- 12 Photos Of Cutest Angora Rabbit
- 12 Most Amazing Sea Monsters
- Amazing Tiger Splash Show
- Yeh Baby.. I Love You
- What If Dogs Ruled
- Crazy Dancing Cows (Video)
- Baby birds
- 10 Photos Of Most Creative Dog Grooming Show
- 30 Incredible Insect Photographs By Igor Siwanowic...
- 10 Funny Face Closeup Pictures Of Animals
- Stunning Pictures Of Animals Inside Womb
- Top 18 Nat Geo Wallpapers Of 2009
- 10 Superb Fractal Pictures Of Animals
- Beautiful Macro Photography Of Insects by Alliec
- 30 Adorable Examples of Baby Birds Photography
- The 10 Best Underwater Shots of 2011
- The Top 10 Extraordinary Microscope Images from Ol...
- Peacock Beauty
- Beautiful White Horse Photos
- 10 of the World’s Smallest Animals
- Amazing Photoshopped Animals Pics
- Lujan Zoo, Argentina
- 30 Animal Photos That Will Make You Smile
- Animals Protecting Their Young
- Most Dangerous Animals
- 9 of the World’s Biggest Animals
- The Flying Tree Snake of Southeast Asia
- Beautiful Birds – The Splash of Colors!!!
- Animal Parents Vs. Human Parents
- The Man that Lived with Lions
- Swim among thousands of Jellyfish
- Mote Aquarium Reef Photo Contest
- Funny Photos of Animals around the World
- Colorful and Poisonous Frogs
- The Smallest Snails On Earth!
- Silly and Funny Animals
- 7 Weird Animals That You can Travel to See Read m...
- Photogenic Caterpillars and Other Fascinating Inse...
- Newly Born Pandas
- World’s Deadliest Caterpillar
- Interesting Ocean Fish
- Funniest Animals
- Amazing Insects!
- Sea Creatures
- Amphibians & Reptiles
- Interesting Experiment
- Cute Baby Giraffes
- Ursus Arctos
- Worlds Amazing Animals
- Cute Puppies
- Cute Cats
- Nature captured
- National Pigeon Association’s “Grand National” Pig...
- 7 Weird Animals That You can Travel
- 20 Weirdest Animals On Earth
- Monkey as a Police Officer in Thailand
- Snake Temple in Malaysia Hosts Hundreds of Poisono...
- Hippo Attacked the Crocodile!
- Camouflaged Animals
- Animals No Larger Than Finger
- Cutest Animals
- World's Biggest Python Stuck In Wires
- Seal vs Shark
- Man Vs Wild – Discovery’s Most Bizarre Promotion E...
- Naughty Birds (15 Pics)
- Bizarre African Giant Snails
- Beautiful Photography Of Swans By Alec
- Girls With Dogs (28 pics)
- 24 Adorable Baby Animal Photographs
- Extraordinary Microscopic Images of Pollens
- Awesome Pictures – Dogs On Parade
- 33 Heart Touching Pictures of Animals with Moms
- ▼ June (96)
You can replace this text by going to "Layout" and then "Page Elements" section. Edit " About "