Top 5 Strangest Animal Incidents

5. Sheep Abseiled Down Electricity Cable After Snagging Its Horn

This hapless sheep has become a real life ‘ram-bo’ after inadvertently abseiling down a hill when its horn became snagged on an electricity wire.The unfortunate sheep was spotted bleating for help more than 15 feet above the ground next to a telegraph pole. Luckily it did not catch the current from the wire.
The drama unraveled at the small town of Helgoysund on the Norwegian coast. Tourists at the scene mounted a rescue attempt and eventually roped it to pull it back to ground level. After nearly an hour, and some ingenious rope work, the German tourists managed to bring the sheep down unharmed. Spectators suggested the sheep may have been grazing on the hill, and while trying to reach a field of ewes, it got its horn stuck on the zip wire. As it got more agitated, it was pulled down the hill on the wire it was attached to and ended up more than five metres above the ground.

4. Tiny Chihuahua Blown Away by Strong Wind

The Utleys of Waterford Township, MI, had set up a booth at a flea market when Tinker Bell, a 6-pound Chihuahua who had been standing on top of it, just flew away like a flimsy piece of paper dragged by 70-mile-an-hour winds. The good news is that, with the aid of a pet psychic, Dorothy and Lavern found a dirty and hungry Tinker Bell in a wooded area about a mile away.
Visit for Breaking News, World News, and News about the Economy
3. Puppy Survives Miraculously After Swallowing a 10 Inch Toy Arrow

Puppies are known for chewing and eating everything and anything. But Betty the bull terrier must have regretted her greed and curiosity after she swallowed a 10-inch plastic arrow that was almost as long as herself. Thankfully, the Staffordshire bull terrier survived after undergoing emergency surgery to remove the item after it became lodged halfway through her body from the aesophagus to her small intestine. Her owner, Emma Watson, 38, believes her pet gobbled up the arrow after disappearing into her seven-year-old daughter Lilly-Jay’s playhouse when a gust of wind opened the door.
The dog is now recovering, but she doesn’t seem to have learned her lesson; as soon as she got home she tried to eat the TV remote control.
2. Bird With Cigarette Caused a £250,000 Fire

A cigarette loving sparrow is being blamed for a fire that caused £250,000 of damage to a shop in Lincolnshire. Paul Sheriff, 48, who runs Crescent Stores in Leasingham, was initially at a loss as to what had caused the blaze. Six weeks later, insurance investigators told him that they discovered 35 cigarette ends in the roof.
Their conclusion was a sparrow must have picked up a smoldering butt to feather its nest in the roof’s eaves, causing the blaze. Mr Sheriff, a non-smoker, said: “The shop was a total mess. All the suspended ceilings came down, all the electrics were down, all the fridges were broken, it was horrendous. A spokesman for his insurance company said: “We believe it’s the first case of its kind we’ve ever had to deal with. I’ve certainly never come across this sort of thing before. It’s strange to think how such a little bird armed with such a small object could cause such chaos.”
1. Cat Trapped Inside a Metal Container Survives 34 Days by Licking Walls

A black cat named Socks miraculously survived a month trapped in a 20ft industrial storage container – by licking condensation on its walls. The 11-month-old feline reunited with its owners after electrician Murray Ruxton found it inside the container. He survived 35 days without food or water by licking condensation from the sides of the metal unit in Arbroath, Angus. Socks went missing and owner Michelle Maher reported him missing to the charity Cats Protection. Michelle put up posters and searched the streets whilst Cats Protection volunteers kept a lookout for the missing puss. Unbeknown to them, Socks had snuck into a 20ft metal container – similar to shipping containers – which was used by store equipment and supplies for electrical company D Adam & C.
Although desperately thin – half his ideal bodyweight – and dehydrated, the mischievous moggy was reunited with its owner and is expected to make a full recovery from its ordeal.


Post a Comment


Design in CSS by TemplateWorld and sponsored by SmashingMagazine
Blogger Template created by Deluxe Templates